Thoughts on Mi Band 5
I recently purchased a Mi Band 5 for fitness and tracking and here is a summary of my experience with using it for ~2 months. I only used the device for fitness and tracking and didn’t use other things like notifications, alarms, etc… so this blog post covers only that and it is not a full review.
- It is a low cost device and is a good value for the money.
- The tracking in the Band is really good. Both the sleep tracking and steps tracking are accurate.
- There has been a lot of complaints about the MiFit app online but I find it a lot similar to Google Fit and equally usable.
- It is water proof.
- The battery life is good even with Heart Rate monitoring.
- There is some level of customization to hide workouts, hide apps, etc…
- It has no GPS and will require the presence of a smartphone to track workouts like Cycling.
- Goal tracking is awful. You can set a goal for steps & weight. You cannot set goals for calories or PAIs.
Reg Google Fit integration:
- The syncing(pushing) to Google Fit is there. But it won’t sync your workouts like Cycling. It will sync your steps, heartrate, weight, sleep, etc…
- The sync is one way and data will not be pulled from Google Fit.
- You will also need to keep the MiFit app in the foreground for sometime for it to push the data to Google Fit.
- You cannot delete or edit a activity inserted into the Google Fit by MiFit.